Transferring to a Different Rental Unit in Lancaster County, SC

The Voucher Program (VHC) in Lancaster County, SC provides families with the opportunity to transfer to a project-based housing unit or other public housing units and still receive assistance. However, the Housing Authority of Lancaster (HAL) will not permit families to exercise portability if there are reasons to deny the move due to an action or omission on the part of the family, such as not meeting family obligations under the housing choice bond; owing HAL money; or abandoning the assisted unit in violation of the lease agreement. If a family is interested in transferring their voucher to HAL, they must first contact their Initial Housing Authority (IHA) and request it to be ported. The Redevelopment Authority acts as a qualified agency for state grant programs for community, commercial, industrial and residential development projects, including the Industrial Site Reuse Program, the Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program, and the Pennsylvania Housing Affordability Fund (PHARE Program).

This program helps qualified Lancaster County homeowners, including those living in the City of Lancaster, make necessary safety and security repairs to their homes. The Receiving Housing Authority (RHA), HAL, meets the issuance and expiration dates of the voucher issued by the family's Initial Housing Authority. If you are a manufactured home owner, a separate program has been established to help prefabricated homeowners in leased land communities. All interested applicants must first complete a pre-eligibility survey to help staff administer the program.

Leave Message

All fileds with * are required